Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Twilight Shoe Zone


Ok, went shopping tonight for shoes for a wedding this weekend. I thought it would be easy to find a simple pair of sandals or flats, nothing fancy. Something a little comfy, not fussy or painful. This proved to be way harder than I thought it would be. After getting lost in a sea of 3 and 4 inch heals that the highest paid prostitute would be proud to own, I moved on the the granny shoes. You know the ones I mean with the gummy soles and wide band that crosses the toe area a little to high. So on I looked, moved on to the flats, how can you go wrong there..... things went so wrong. Apparently these shoes are made for flat footed people with short toes. I am neither flat footed nor do I have short toes. To make it worse my second toe is longer than my big toe, not freakishly long, but long enough to matter in shoes made for a short toed flat feet. Frog feet.

I didnt want heals, I have learned I cannot operate in heals. I'm not dancing a jig or running a marathon, I just need to be able to safely navigate through whatever arena I find myself, be it work, church, Wal Mart, my living room. I am not the most graceful person, I tend to walk to fast and not watch were I am going. Well I found a pair of low, strappy black sandals, pretty comfy and so not what I was looking for. I got them anyway! I found another pair that 'will do' if I cant find something more girly for this dress.

I prefer to wear flip flops, Birkenstocks, Keens, tennis shoes, bare feet, none of which go with a dressy dress for wedding. So I find myself in the Twilight Shoe Zone where nothing fits just right, blisters are a regular part of my skin, my second toe hurts from pressing on the end of frog flats, if it fits my heal it hurts my toes if it fits my toes it hurts my heel.

Reckon painting my feet pink for the wedding would be to much???

No comments: