Sunday, March 8, 2009

What Time is it?


The time change always confuses me, Spring Forward, Fall Back whatever. This time change really did a number on me though. Why you ask, well, you know I'm gonna tell you! 

I left Alabama Thursday morning, without a care in the world for the time change acommin (I didnt remember). I headed to Georgia which is one hour ahead, you see where this is going dont cha... After spending the weekend there with my Grandmother and other crazy relatives, I decided I was going to get up at 6am and come home. So I set my phone to alarm at 6am, well I woke up at 6:45 (slept through the alarm) got my stuff together and hit the road, now I have no idea if its 6:45 Alabama time, Georgia time, changed time for either Alabama or Georgia. Whatever, I knew I should be home in 3.5 to 4 hours. So I'm trying to figure my arrival time: its 6:45 Georgia time, no Alabama time, so 7:45 Georgia time, plus one hour so its really 8:45, maybe. Now my head hurts, I have to pee and need a Starbucks Caramel Maciadocoffee thingy. 

I get home all safe and sound and within 3.5 hours. While trying to relay my time confussion to my brother, which was only exaserbated by the fact that all of my clocks at home are in reality an hour slow they appear 2 hours slow becasue of the space time continum thing I went through from Georgia to Alabama. I become, yes, more confused.

So to summerize this confusion. I gained an hour Thursday, got another one Sunday came home and lost two.....

A friend sent me this statement and it is so very true... When told the reason for Daylight Savings time the old Native American said, "Only a white man would belive that you could cut a foot off the top of a blanket and sew it to the bottom of the blanket and have a longer blanket"

I'm going to take a nap, to hell with the time!

1 comment:

Anne said...

Just passing by. I thought your post was funny. Maybe it was a little "jet lag" that you were feeling but without the airplane ride, lol. =)