Thursday, January 8, 2009

Sing it Loud!


Today I was driving along in my hot little MINI, minding my own business, windows down (I like it cold), hair flying (I'm letting it grow), singing at the top of my lungs. Now, this isn't an oddity I do it all the time, I see people doing it all the time. I am the best singer in the world... in the privacy of my vehicle. I can hit all the notes, I know all the words, I ROCK! Now, you are wondering, "Why is she talking about singing in the car." Welllll, I'm going to tell you.

My song of choice today, it came up randomly on the pod, and it made me sooo happy, I played it twice, was Mandy by Barry Manalow. STOP LAUGHING! I love that song, HEY, I AM a child of the 80's and Barry Manalow was the man. Smooth voice, cool crooner, great piano player. I used to sing OHHHH Mandy, you came and you gave without taking....... in my room, the LP, yes remember those, playing on my stereo, the black vinyl popping and cracking, scratching out the beautiful melody. Today I can listen to it, crystal clear, digitally re-mastered to sound like perfection blaring through my speakers from my ipod, i know every word and sing it loudly.... and I sent you away, OHHHHHHH Mandy..... so lucky for me, everyone else had their window up, they were cold and not near as entertained or as entertaining as I was.

No comments: