Friday, July 11, 2008

Have you ever been hit in the head with a crab apple?


As a child i was, more than once I'm sure. Well, I ask this because last night while riding on the trail I was struck in the forehead with what I thought was a crab apple. It wasnt of course it was a very large greenish bug of some sort. Evidence of its color was left on my head. A shiny wing or hard body part, it hurt and startled me. Thats not where the bugs end though. Before my ride was over I think I had 5 or 6 gnats, something with wings (small but tasty), a mosquito and something else gnat like but larger fly into my mouth or just be unlucky enough to be mouth level when i road by. My helmet was decorated with bug carcasses. I had 2 mosquitos one stuck to me becasue i mooshed it while it was feasting on my oxygen poor blood and the other was hanging on for dear life trying to get his little sucker in me. He died too. Its bug season and a buggy time of day, oh well a litle extra protein!

No comments: