Saturday, July 5, 2008

Cell phones suck!


I was almost hit tonight by a woman talking on her cell phone. I was sitting still at a red light, sitting, as in i had already stopped and had been still for a few minutes. I looked into my rear view mirror and saw this woman approaching me at a rapid speed. I glanced around for an escape route, i had a small one, very small. All of this happened in .03 of a second, scared me bad. She finally came to and slammed on her brakes and jerked her car to the left away from mine, thankfully. But she never dropped her phone. Never put it down. I scowled at her in the side mirror she sort of shrugged and said to whomever she was speaking to (I read her lips), "I almost hit someone...." Just like that, chatting away again.

Who are these people talking to? Next time you are in traffic, look around, 9 out of 10 people are on the phone. Are there that many people with phones? If you can see that many on the phone in one place it leads me to believe that no one is doing anything, other than talking on the phone, well and driving. People are bad drivers anyway, now add the phone and we are all in trouble. I don't like talking on the phone in my house when I am sitting still, on the couch, where it is relatively safe.

Its bad enough to have to deal with stupid people on phones in cars, now go to a store and try to get help. The salesperson heaves this irritated sigh and tells her boyfriend, "huhhh hold on, someone wants something." Well excuse me for shopping in your store, i can leave if Im bothering you, God forbid you hang up and DO YOUR JOB!

Hey, how 'bout this, go to your car and talk on the phone.

No comments: