Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Pillow Talk

As I was trying to fall asleep last night, i started thinking about my pillows. I couldn't get comfortable, I kept moving, and rolling, punching the pillow, flipping it over trying to find a comfy spot. I started thinking, how long do you keep a pillow? When do you replace them? 3 years, 5 years, 10? When? I think I have had these feather pillows for 14 years. Is that to long? They are rather flat and kind of hard, i have to flip and fluff them often. So is it time for new ones?

I remember the pillow I had as a kid. (Yes, i remember that) That pillow and my Teddy Bear, which I still have, traveled with me on every youth trip, every year to camp, it went to college with me. I don't know what happened to it after college. I moved back home, so I can only assume its still at Mamas. When Jeremy and I got married we both came into it with our own pillows (not the college one). He likes an extremely flat pillow, I like one thats a little fluffier and feather. When I got a job at JCPennys in Auburn, i thought he needed a feather pillow too, so when I got my store discount i bought us two nice feather pillows. He hated it, it was too fluffy. So I got both of them, darn! That was 14 years ago. I still sleep with one under my head and one on my side. I have another pillow I stack on top of the feather one, this one has also gotten flat. I bought this pillow for the hubby, he hated that one too. No more buying pillows for him, he can pick out his own. Actually I could just give him my old ones, after they are flat.

So back to when should I replace my pillow? How often do you really think about pillows?
I've had my, afore mentioned Teddy Bear since I was 16, and I'm not replacing him!

1 comment:

Hewy Nosleep said...

I get new pillows every couple of years. I think it might be time.