Wednesday, January 9, 2008

flowers


I love flowers, growing them, smelling them, getting them. My sweet husband brings me flowers, for no reason - all the time. Not because he's in trouble, or we fought, not because its Valentines day or my birthday. Not because I have had a bad day (although he has for that reason), maybe because HE had a bad day. But for no reason at all!

He brought me flowers today, big beautiful daisy's. I love daisy's they are my very favorite flower. Yellow ones and white ones. They are happy flowers, they practically smile at you! I think I like them because they are related to dandelions, another happy flower, a weed yes but a happy weed!

My hubby doesn't need a scheduled calendar day, like Valentines Day, to be forcefully reminded to buy me flowers, I wouldn't want them if that was the case, yes I know I am lucky. He knows they make me smile. So he gets me smiling flowers!

2 comments:

Hewy Nosleep said...

You just reminded me to buy my wife some flowers. Thanks!

Jenn said...

That's so sweet! Flowers for no particular reason...what a novel concept!