Monday, June 15, 2009

Why do the little buggers always bite me?

So, I finally gave in and bought the new Off Fan. It works, and yes I was surprised. The thing
is blowing nerve agent into the air to drive away and/or kill the flying vampires and the warnings on the label are quit extensive. (See exhibit A below) Now, it does only work when you sit still - not when you are roaming the yard or cutting the grass. I tried that today and got bit 'till I retreated into the house to get the spray on nerve agent, then back outside safely covered in a killer spray or spray killer, whichever.

Why do mosquito's attack some people and not others? Don't say its because I'm so sweet (HAHAHAHA) or because I like bananas or don't like bananas or have high blood pressure or light skin, dark skin, skin - period. Do they bite me because I have blond hair, I sweat a lot, low blood sugar, I like Oreos, I don't smoke, I drink coffee, I wear bright colors, i don't wear bright colors... WHY do the littler buggers always bite me?

So now I will go outside, armed with my Off fan, bug spray, yard spray, grass bug killer pellets and work away. Of course I will probably have some sort of poison induced high or incident. Oh well, as long as I don't get eaten by mosquito's in the process, its OK!

Exhibit A

Caution-Hazards to humans and domestic animals:

  • Harmful if swallowed, inhaled or absorbed through the skin.
  • Avoid contact with skin, eyes or clothing.
  • Avoid breathing vapor.
  • Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum or using tobacco.
  • Remove and wash contaminated clothing before reuse.
  • Store away from food, beverages and pet food.
  • Do not use indoors or in enclosed spaces.
  • Do not touch device with metal instruments or wet hands.
  • Do not allow materials of any kind to cover the unit while it is in use.
  • Replace refill only when unit is off.
  • Do not pry open or probe into unit with any instrument or tool.
  • Use only with two 1.5 volt AA alkaline batteries.
  • Do not cover the unit when in use or place it near sources of heat or ignition. Do not store near heat or open flame. Do not mutilate batteries or put them into fire. Batteries may burst or release toxic materials.
  • Do not apply to water.

Storage & Disposal:

  • Store away from heat or flame in an area inaccessible to children.
  • Before disposing, fully use up the refill according to the label. Do not reuse the refill.
  • If empty: place in trash or offer the refill for recycling if available.
  • If refill remains partially unused: call your local solid waste agency or 1-800-529-3394 for disposal instructions. Never place unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain.

First aid:

  • Call a poison-control center or doctor immediately for treatment advice.
  • If swallowed: have person sip a glass of water if able to swallow. Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by a poison-control center or doctor. Do not give anything to an unconscious person.
  • If on skin: take off contaminated clothing. Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes.
  • If inhaled: move person to fresh air. If person is not breathing, call 911 or an ambulance; then give artificial respiration, preferably mouth to mouth if possible. Have product container or label with you when calling a poison-control center or doctor or going for treatment.

1 comment:

Bo said...

I quite like this idea and was going to buy one the last time I was at Home Depot, but they were sold out of the actual units. They had plenty of refills, though.