Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Ancient Chinese Secret...


A few weeks ago, I was unable to do laundry, much of anything really. Well, while I was down and out, the hubby took over laundry duty. ....

He doesn't do laundry.

Well, actually, a few years ago I banned him from doing laundry after a few t-shirts, my favorite white shirt and several socks came out pink. The sorting process got a little skewed. Anyway, he did laundry. From the recliner I was shouting instructions. He wasnt listening, but I didnt know that, he just waited til I fell asleep from the pain meds and then he continued. When I awoke, all the laundry was washed, dried, folded and put away, PUT AWAY!!! I was so proud. Little did I know, he still had some surprises for me. When I was up and around and digging for my clothes, it took me a while, he put them away where HE thought they went...Anyway, he folded my underwear. .... ............... Long pause........... he folded my underwear, I dont fold my underwear (its ok Jen, start breathing again!) I usually just de-tangle it from everything else and toss it in the basket, then stuff it in the drawer. My hubby FOLDED it, i wasnt even aware you could fold underwear.

I can fold a fitted sheet perfectly flat, I can mate socks and fold them together, never stretching the tops, I can fold a t-shirt in 2.3 seconds. I never folded my underwear. I was flabbergasted. Happy, but WOW!!! The man can do laundry. But, needless to say, he hasnt washed, dried or folded since I got well. Oh well, I cant complain, he does the floors, vacuums and mops I hate to mop. So I will keep washing and folding, its better than mopping!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

A place for everything and everything in its place! That's great!