Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Smile, Laugh eat biscuits!


Today I discovered something disturbing. Not something bad, more sad.

This morning I didnt feel like eating breakfast, I knew I had a sausage biscuit in the frig at work, so I knew I could heat it up latter. Well latter came and I was hungry. So I got my biscuit and headed for the break room. On the way decided microwaving the bread would just be bad, so I changed course and went to the other side of the building, where I knew there was a toaster. Just a plain 'ole toaster but heating the bread in this would be sooo good. As I disassembled my breakfast, a lady from that side of the building came to fix herself a cup of coffee. She said 'hi' kind of quietly, as if to say "I'm speaking because I feel I have too, because you do not belong on this side." Feeling this I said, "Wow, I'm glad ya'll have a toaster 'cause heating a biscuit in the microwave is just WRONG!" She laughed, I mean really laughed, hard. I laughed too, retrieved my bread and headed for my desk.

On the way back to "my side" I realized the disturbing thing I spoke of earlier... this was the VERY FIRST TIME I had ever seen this woman laugh. In the 2 or 3 years she has been working at my business, I have never even seen her smile much less laugh. I was disturbed earlier, now it kinda makes me feel, well, warm and happy that I could make her laugh. And I did it with a left over sausage biscuit, imagine what I could do with pizza!!!

1 comment:

jennifer said...

I'll laugh til tears spurt out of my eyes for pizza! Glad that you were able to spread joy. Makes you wonder what this lady's life is like. Jennifer